Talents we cultivate
At Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, we develop talents who would create businesses with visionary new concepts or new technologies, and can draw companies into the global world.
- Proposals that goes beyond existing standard of values = “propose and realize future values to the society”
- With cooperation from professionals in businesses and specialists, collaborate with regional societies, other industries and overseas organizations
- Acquire abilities to draw up business plans essential to project execution and fund raising
- Sublimate individual specific challenges of companies to commercial businesses, with cooperation from leading edge research institutions
Contents of the program
“Enhancing Development of Global Entrepreneur Program (EDGE Program)” of Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology develops innovation leaders through following steps.
- Proposing challenges based on understanding of future needs and business perspectives (challenge proposal)
- Create teams for the challenge proposals and analyze the challenges from diversified viewpoints (team creation)
- Understand markets, analyze value supply chains and feedbacks (value creation)
- Creation of market values / social needs and assessments of risks and business feasibilities (business feasibility assessment)
In the above steps, innovation leaders are developed through learning below sub-programs that make up this program.
- “Entrepreneurial Mindset Fermentation Program” where “execution ability” from future value creation to social realization are honed, and groundwork for fermenting an awareness as a global leader is laid out
- “Ecosystem Forum” where ability to pursuit a challenge flexibly beyond the frame of driving research in the specialty area, leadership, negotiation abilities, and communication skills are developed, in order to implement research results into the society
- “International Business Training” where opportunities are created to participate in training courses relating to entrepreneurial mindsets and skills at leading-edge organizations that promote innovations
- “Investor Negotiations / Business Developments Program” where actual specific business plans are drawn up on challenges that have reached a certain level at the business feasibility assessment; carried out in order to understand values as investment targets aptly.
- “Steinbeis University MBE Program” (planned for 2015) that supports creation of opportunities to expand into overseas and spread Japanese companies’ outstanding capacity for technological development as well as forge collaborative relationship with small and medium sized companies in Europe, by attending overseas MBE programs on subject of business development of the participant’s chosen challenge.